CONFERENCE:September 2020ADGM Building, Al Maryah Island, UAE
POST-EVENT WORKSHOPS:September 2020Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi, Al Maryah Island, UAE
Registration and Refreshments
Welcome by Congress Chairperson
Welcome address by CFA Society Emirates President
CFA Society Emirates
Welcome address by ADGM
Opening Keynote Address: Macroeconomic View of Geopolitics, Trade Associations and Alliances
- How will global events such as Brexit, Iran tensions and shifting global trade alliances affect the region?
- With more countries moving towards a nationalistic political and economic stance, what will be the effect on global markets and MENA?
- Are current global trends resulting in new areas of opportunity for the region and the country?
The Economist Intelligence Unit (The EIU)
Panel Discussion: New Areas of Opportunity: Looking East
- What opportunities are present in East Asia and emerging markets?
- Asia and the UAE continue to grow their trade alliance – what is the size of opportunity?
- How does Asia compare to other alternative markets and which sectors will be the drivers of growth for the next 5 years?
Deputy Chief Investment Officer,
Bin Ladin Holding Co.
Head of Investments, Private Investment Office of H.E. Mohamed Alabbar, Member of Investment Committee,
Abakkus Asset Manager LLP
Panel Discussion: Start-Ups and New Players in the Market
- What effect are entrepreneurial, 5 & 10 year visas expected to have on the local economy? Will 100% foreign ownership encourage market activity in the next few years?
- Role of venture capitalists in the tech sector
Director, Portfolio Management and M&A
In Conversation: Building a Successful Tech Start-Up in the Region
Panel Discussion: Diversity, Nationalisation & Talent Development - A Comprehensive Analysis of Challenges in The Sector
- Highlighting national demographics, current and future talent gap and national requirements – can they be aligned?
- War for talent: balancing competition for a scarce pool of talent.
- How can the CFA Society, Public and Private organizations contribute to attracting more talent to the sector?
Executive Director - Human Capital & Emiratization
Future Focus: The Investment Professional of the Future – Future Proofing Your Career
- What does the finance professional of the future look like?
- What skills will be required in an increasingly tech driven world and how can you start equipping yourself today?
- Highlighting the essential soft skills that you need to begin developing
Director of Investor Engagement
Future of Finance Team, CFA Institute
Closing Keynote: Blockchain, AI, Cyber Security and The Future of Work
- The future of economy will be decentralized as we become better at gathering data, how will blockchain enhance global trade?
- Will we see old models of commerce and finance changing resulting in improved trade and new efficiencies?
- What is the true effect of technology in the future?