CONFERENCE:September 2020ADGM Building, Al Maryah Island, UAE
POST-EVENT WORKSHOPS:September 2020Four Seasons Hotel Abu Dhabi, Al Maryah Island, UAE
As an international business-to-business information services group, data and information is at the heart of what Informa does.
We take the privacy and protection of data and information seriously. We are committed to handling the personal information of all those we engage with, whether customers, suppliers, colleagues or any other community, in a way that is responsible and meets the legal requirements of the countries in which we operate.
- About Informa
Informa is an international business-to-business information services group, operating in over 20 countries. We serve commercial, professional and academic communities by helping them connect and learn, and by creating and providing access to content and intelligence that helps people and businesses work smarter and make better decisions faster.
Informa is organised into four Operating Divisions: Academic Publishing (which trades as the Taylor & Francis Group), Business Intelligence, Global Exhibitions and Knowledge & Networking (which trades as KNect365).
- About KNect365
Informa’s KNect365 division nurtures, builds and connects communities through the exchange of insights and strategic thinking. We create platforms online and through face-to-face events that facilitate learning and networking, helping people build knowledge, work smarter and become leaders in their field.
Informa Entity Company number Registered Office IIR Limited 1835199 5 Howick Place, London, SW1P 1WG, UK Informa Telecoms and Media Limited 00991704 5 Howick Place, London, SW1P 1WG, UK TU-Automotive Limited 09798474 5 Howick Place, London, SW1P 1WG, UK Futurum Media Ltd 09813559 5 Howick Place, London, SW1P 1WG, UK New Ag International SARL 507590990 2 rue de Lisbonne, 75008, Paris, France EBD Group GmbH 173151 Isartorplatz 4, 80331, Munich, Germany Informa Media Inc 826197 1166 Avenue of the Americas, 10th Floor, New York, NY 10036, United States KNect365 US Inc 855093 708 3rd Avenue, 4th Floor, New York, 10017, United States Informa Middle East Ltd (Dubai branch) 126878 TRADING ADDRESS: Level 20, Sheikh Rashid Tower, Dubai World Trade Center, P.O. Box 9428, Dubai, United Arab Emirates Informa Saudi Arabia Limited 10213390681739 Office 110, 1st Floor, Leaders Towers 2, King Fahad Road, Riyadh, PO Box 16743 Informa Tharawat 58658 No 14, Ben Tawar Centre, Ahmed Bin Aly Street, PO Box 545, Doha, Qatar, Tel: +974 5563 6733, Fax: +974 44115469 Informa Australia PTY Ltd 086268313 Level 18, 347 Kent Street, Sydney NSW 2000, Australia
What we collect This section explains the personal information that may be collected when using our products and services, and the other personal data we may receive from other sources.
- Contact details, such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number;
- Educational, nationality and professional background information;
- Photographs (optional) should you create an online profile on our website
- Usernames and passwords;
- Payment information, such as a credit or debit card number;
- Comments, feedback, posts and other content you submit; and
- Interests and communication preferences including marketing permissions where appropriate
- Location information (e.g. through mobile apps).
We collect and use your personal information in the following main categories:
- As customer / consumer data (transactional, prospect and analytics) including prospect data;
- As contact data which includes corporate customer contact data (i.e. contact details of account manager / key contact at corporate customers); and subscriber / user data;
- In connection with an even, for instance customer event and trade show visitors, exhibitors, speakers, conference visitors and attendee data.
- Sensitive personal dataIf collecting or storing sensitive personal data such as information relating to health, beliefs or political affiliation, we typically ask for your explicit consent. However, there are some situations where it will not be possible to request consent, such as if you have an accident at one of our events. If this does occur, we will ensure your privacy rights are protected.
- Children’s personal dataOur services and products are directed to academics and business professionals. They are not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data from this age group. If any information is collected from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, it will be deleted.
- Collecting personal informationWe collect personal information when you:
- Buy a product or service from us, including buying products online or over the phone
- Subscribe to newsletters, alerts or other services from us
- Ask us for more information about one of our events, including through live chat or by downloading a brochure, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Visit or browse websites owned and operated by KNect365
- Attend our events, if you are scanned by us or an exhibitor
- We may also collect information about you from other organisations, where appropriate. These include fraud-prevention agencies, business directories including public networks such as LinkedIn and credit reference agencies.
How and why personal information is usedThis section explains how and why we use personal information.
- Lawful Processing in EuropeAs we collect and use personal information, the lawful bases we use for this activity in Europe, as required under European data protection laws, are:
- Where it is necessary for entering into or performing a contract with you
- Where we have a legitimate interest to do so, provided your rights do not override these interests
- Where you have consented to its use
- Where our colleagues believe it is in your vital interests to share your personal details, for example with emergency services
- Where required to comply with our legal obligations
- Event and Exhibition ManagementIf you have agreed to participate in one of our events as a speaker, sponsor, exhibitor or attendee, personal information is used in connection with the running of the event, to handle payments or for other purposes, as is necessary for performing the contract entered into. We will also use your personal information to maintain our databases, assess your qualities as a speaker or sponsor/exhibitor, promote events and encourage further engagement at our events, as part of the legitimate interests we have as a commercial organisation. At some of our events, your name badge may contain some of your personal information that you have provided to us, which may include your name, job title and company. When scanned, this information will be made available to us or the relevant exhibitor and processed in the manner as described above. In addition, we sometimes take photos and videos at our events, which may feature attendees, speakers, sponsors or exhibitors. Where photos and videos are taken that feature you as an attendee, sponsor or exhibitor, we may use those photos and videos for promotional purposes.
- Marketing We will use your personal information to send you newsletters, offers or other marketing emails to keep you up to date with our news, events and products that may be of interest. Depending on the nature of your interaction with us and the laws of the country where you live, you may have actively given your consent for this by opting in or we may be entitled to rely to legitimate interests to contact you with relevant marketing information. The opportunity to opt out of future marketing emails will always be provided, and information on how to do this is given when your personal information is collected and on every marketing email sent. Further information on how you can change your marketing preferences is provided in the section 8 below.
- Customer and Prospects Management (including Analytics and Product Development)We may use your personal information and contact you to maintain our customer database in order to keep your information accurate and up-to-date; as well as to carry out internal analysis of the usage of our products and services, in order to improve them, develop new products and events and predict future customer behavior, as is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation. This may include automated profiling and campaign management techniques. We may use the personal data we hold about you, combined with publicly available data and your demographic data to better understand our customers and to improve the products and services we deliver.
- Mobile Applications and Website Analytics including location dataWe may combine visitor session information, or other information collected through tracking technologies with personally identifiable information, to understand and measure your online experiences and determine what products, promotions and services are likely to be of interest. Technical methods are also used in HTML e-mails sent to visitors, for purposes including: (i) to determine whether visitors have opened or forwarded e-mails and/or clicked on links in those e-mails, (ii) to customise the display of banner advertisements and other messages after closing an e-mail, and (iii) to determine whether a visitor has made an enquiry or a purchase in response to a particular e-mail. In compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) (e.g.: Browsers Do Not Track Signals) while we strive to offer you choice when using our website and mobile applications, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
- Bulletin Boards or Chat AreasWhen you disclose personal information on any public bulletin board or chat areas of this website, or any other website used as a result of use of this website, such personal information can be collected and used by anyone who views that board or area. This may result in unsolicited messages from other participants or other parties, which we are not responsible for Where you engage on our customer enquiry chat areas, we will use any information provided to help recommend our products and/or assist with confirming any order you wish to place.
- Automated Decision-Making, Including Profiling We use algorithm-based technologies to personalise dynamic web content based on your explicit and/or implicit interests. We carry out general profiling such as segmentation, non-automated and automated decision-making based on profiling for the purpose of providing you with a more relevant experience and for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a commercial organisation. Solely automated decision making is never used in any way that produce a legal or similarly significant effect. Depending on the laws of the country where you live, you may have rights related to our decision. For example, if you live in the European Union, you may have the right not to be subject to our decision, or you may have the right to insist on human intervention in the process, express your point of view or contest the decision. To exercise any such right, contact us via one of the methods set out in section 10 below. In some cases, we may have the right to continue with our decision, in accordance with applicable laws. This will be explained if it is the case. Otherwise, we will respond to your request as promptly as reasonably possible.
- Compliance with our legal obligationsTo ensure compliance with international trade sanction laws and regulations, we screen customers, vendors and suppliers against US, OFAC, BIS, UN, EU and UK sanctions lists. Should any screening checks flag an issue where we cannot continue in a contract with a customer or supplier, they will always be informed.
- Lawful Processing in EuropeAs we collect and use personal information, the lawful bases we use for this activity in Europe, as required under European data protection laws, are:
How we protect personal informationAny personal information given to us will be treated with the utmost care and security. This section sets out some of the security measures in place. A variety of physical and technical measures are used to keep data safe and prevent unauthorised access to, or use or disclosure of personal information. Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information, using both physical and electronic means. Our colleagues receive data protection training, and we have detailed security and data protection policies that colleagues are required to follow when handling personal data. All reasonable steps are taken to ensure that your personal information is kept secure from unauthorised access, but we cannot guarantee it will be secure during the transmission process to this website because this transmission is not controlled by us. We make use of HTTPS (HTTP Secure) whereby the communication protocol is encrypted via Transport Layer Security for secure communication over a computer network. The website is loaded via HTTPS, represented by the lock icon in your web browser, which ensures the transmission is secure and is demonstrated by a certificate issued by an official security certificate authority to us.
Who we share personal information withAs an international company providing you with services and products, we may share your information for specific reasons. This section explains how and why we share personal data with other companies within Informa, suppliers and other third parties.
- Sharing with Informa Group companiesWe may share your personal information with certain other companies within Informa Group for specific purposes. For example, other Informa companies may assist in providing products and services to you, carry out internal analysis of the usage of products and services, or offer relevant products and services which may be of interest.
- Sharing with Service ProvidersWe may share your personal information with third parties to assist in providing our products and services, including:
- Email marketing providers,
- Web hosting providers
- Software development vendors
- Registration companies, or
- Academic institutions for our distance learning and training courses
- Sharing with other OrganisationsWe may share your personal information with trusted event and media partner organisations for their marketing purposes in accordance with local data laws. If your personal information is subject to European data protection laws, we may share your personal information with third parties for informative and marketing purposes, unless you tell us otherwise. If you are based in Canada, will only pass on your information to our third-party partners for marketing purposes where we have your consent to do so. We may share your personal information with third parties outside Informa Group in the event of a sale, merger, acquisition, partnership, joint venture, or negotiations related to the same with respect to all or part of our business. In some circumstances, we may be legally required to disclose your personal information, because a court, the police, another judicial or law enforcement body, or government entity has asked us for it.
How long information is keptWe will only retain your personal information for as long as is necessary and as permitted by applicable laws. We will retain your personal information while we are using it, as described in the section above and may continue to retain it after these uses have ended where we have a legitimate business purpose. For example, if you have opted out of marketing communications from us, we will retain limited details about you to ensure the opt-out request is honoured. We may also continue to retain your personal information to meet our legal requirements or to defend or exercise our legal rights. The length of time for which we will retain personal information will depend on the purposes for which it is retained it. After we no longer need to retain your personal information, it will be deleted or securely destroyed.
How to update your information and marketing preferencesWe want to ensure you remain in control of your personal information. We try to ensure that the personal information held about you is accurate and up-to-date, and will always give you the opportunity to opt out of future marketing communications. We will process your data to send marketing information that we believe is targeted and of interest to you. Information on how to opt out will be given when your personal information is collected and specified on every marketing email sent. If at any stage you would like to update or correct such personal information, or opt-out of future marketing communications, email email@example.com or write to us at: Database Manager, KNect365, Maple House, 149 Tottenham Court Road, London W1T 7AD.
Your RightsInforma operates in countries with data protection laws that may provide individuals the right to be able to access and control their information. We always will enable you to exercise those rights as provided by data protection laws. EU data protection laws give individuals a number of rights, where their data and information is processed by companies established in Europe. Under General Data Protection Regulation these are:
- The right to confirmation whether or not we have your personal data and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal information we hold. This is known as a subject access request;
- The right to have inaccurate data rectified;
- The right to have your data erased. This does not however apply where it is necessary for us to continue to use the data for a lawful reason;
- The right to request the restriction or suppression of personal data. We will stop using the data but we may continue storing it
- The right to obtain your personal data that you have provided to us, on the basis of consent or performance of a contract, and where technically feasible, transmitted in a common electronic format to you or directly to another company.
- The right to object to the use of your data. Specifically, you have the right to object to our use for marketing and in relation to automated decision making, including profiling where there may be legal or similarly significant effects.
CFA Society Emirates
CFA Society Emirates is the local United Arab Emirates (U.A.E.) member society of CFA Institute, which is the preeminent global association of professionals in the field of investment analysis. CFA Institute administers the globally recognized Chartered Financial Analyst® Program. The local society, founded in 2002, was created to serve the growing requirements of investment professionals in U.A.E. for support, continuing education programs and networking opportunities. Our society seeks to fulfil the CFA Institute mission at the local level: to lead the investment profession by promoting the highest standards of ethics, education, and professional excellence for the ultimate benefit of society.